Laneway curates Red Bull Sound Select at Civic Underground
Red Bull Sound Select’s first show at The Civic Hotel saw another sold out event. The biggest show to date, the third instalment saw hundreds of punters grooving along to the electronic beats of Harvey Sutherland & Bermuda, Lucy Cliché and Hubert Clarke Jr at The Civic Underground.
The next edition, set to take place on Friday July 29, will see LANEWAY’s Travis Banko back in the driving seat with a line-up that is oozing vibes of winter romance. Banko has paired headliner Melbourne based singer songwriter Oscar Key Sung with Red Bull Sound Select artists Dreller and Mossy.
Fast cementing himself as one of the countries brightest talents, Key Sung’s sound is undeniably original and unequivocally alluring. One of Australia's most unique producers and one of Melbourne's most vital voices, you can expect something very special from this set!
Warming up the stage for Oscar will be Red Bull Sound Select artist Dreller. No stranger to the scene, Dreller is a multi-instrumentalist, animator and film maker based in London celebrated for creating all the audio and visual on his releases. His layered atmospheric beats will provide the perfect audience-warmer for Red Bull Sound Select fans come July 29th.
Opening the evening will be Red Bull Sound Select artist Mossy. A songwriter since he was 16, Mossy seamlessly weaves his eclectic tastes into a sound as catchy as it is intricate. A psychedelic blend of cracking drums, big synth and guitar hooks teamed with a stomping beat, Mossy’s set is most certainly not to be missed.
After three stellar sell-out shows Red Bull Sound Select is at the forefront of musical curation and is giving artists a step-up. Last month’s act Lucy Cliché, May’s damsel Sampa The Great and Rolling Coastal Blackout Fever who kicked off the inaugural Red Bull Sound Select will all be making their debut at Splendour in the Grass this year.
HOW IT WORKS:
- Register your RSVP and check out the artists at www.redbullsoundselect.com
- First come best dressed! Capacity is limited at the shows. RSVP tickets are only $3 on the door, or $10 without RSVP on the door.
- Red Bull Sounds Select takes place in Sydney at The Civic Hotel on Friday 29 July at 8pm.
- Each show will be presented by either I OH YOU (Johann Ponniah) or LANEWAY FESTIVAL (Travis Banko)
- The audience will be treated to a bunch of surprises themed by a story which links the artists together - particularly those who arrive early